Monday, November 2, 2015

Camp War Pony Day Two: Halloween Hurts

Yesterday was Halloween. True to form, I started thinking about a costume around 2PM. Some people hate that crunch. I thrive on it. Our local outlet mall has a pop up Halloween store. I walked in a little hungover, with nothing in mind. The first question in my mind is always: Male or female. I've done Halloween in drag more than a few times. Once I was let into the Buckhorn Bar in Laramie, WY without paying the cover because the bouncer said I was "The ugliest bitch I've seen all night." But I have my own style. No make-up, fully bearded, fishnets, etc.

Second question is: scary, "sexy," or silly. Obviously I usually go for a combo of the second two. A man in fishnets isn't really sexy (although, my success ratio in that genre is pretty damn shocking), so silly has to go in that definition. But I've been having fun with scary lately, and this year I kinda ran with it.

I started with and awesome one-sided chrome mask, which I could see through, but you couldn't see in creepy as HELL. Then I thought, "what the hell, layers are fun," and put on creepy makeup and some custom fangs underneath. And a cloak. And then a friend told me she was going to be Little Red Ridinghood, and "Evil Red" was born.


No comments:

Post a Comment