Monday, November 2, 2015

Camp War Pony Day One: On the Breakdown of Routine.



See Intro here

Friday night was the first night of Camp War Pony. After spending most of Friday, October 30th, packing the necessities into the War Pony, I felt pretty ready. Here’s the essentials:


Teton Sports Celsius XL -25F flannel lined sleeping bag.



Flannel pillowcase with little skiers on it.



    Mr. Heater “Little Buddy” catalytic propane heater.


·      Yeti Tundra 65 cooler
·      3” memory foam mattress
·      Soundbot bluetooth speaker


·      Carbon Monoxide detector


·      Indoor/outdoor thermometer (“outdoor” sensor in the glove compartment)



·      Swix Beverage wrench.



Here's the whole setup.





Less good things so far: 
  1. I'm a little homesick, which I wasn't expecting.
Good things to far:
  1. I'm a little homesick, which I wasn't expecting. It's breaking my routine. I woke up hungover, and would usually just go lie on the couch all day. Instead I had to THINK about where I wanted to be, what I needed to do, how to use my time. 
  2. My sleeping situation is SO DAMNED COMFORTABLE.



No comments:

Post a Comment