Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer of the Bike: On How to Hurt.

After last summers success on foot, I had big plans this summer to come back even stronger, and the beginning of the year started out that way. The snow melted earlier, and I ran the Boulder Bolder 1:45 faster than the year before.

My Registration Packet: The Proverbial Bag of Dicks

BRING IT ON! And then I started riding my bike, and the running went straight to hell. I'd already signed up for the Summit Trail Running Series, and thought I'd be able to keep up the running a bit, but with all the time I was spending working, could either suck at both running and riding, or pick one. And hey, chicks like dudes with shaved legs right? Decision: made.

So of course, I bagged all the running races and just rode my bike right? Hahaha, that would be smart, and I, being a testosterone-driven competitive young male, am anything but. By the first running series race, I hadn't run in a week, every race thereafter I'd not run since,.... the race before. Want a way to make sure racing hurts? Don't run. And still try to win in the first mile. Like I said, not smart.

The mountain biking went very well however, with me racking up several Expert men 19-34 wins, and even a couple Overall Expert wins, and a couple fourth place finishes among the Pro-Elite field.




I have ONE more MTB race, which will end my one-race-a-week-for-16-weeks streak, this tomorrows Fall Classic. I've actually rested a bit for this one, so I'm looking forward to kicking some pro ass.

I'm really looking forward to being able to work less and train more, I'm actually getting really excited to cross country ski, and RACE a bit this winter. Haven't really felt that urge in a while, so I'm gonna run with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment